Hello from New York

04.12.2013 21:26

Hi all,

I work for LightersDirect.com, which sells a large variety of lighters and cigar accessories online. I promise, I did not join this forum to spam everyone with advertisements; instead, I was hoping to get some feedback on the design of one of our new lighters.

We sell a lot of S.T. Dupont products, but this year, we decided to commission a limited edition lighter that we exclusively sell. Essentially, we changed the finish on this year's Dupont limited edition.

It is officially called the S.T. Dupont Phoenix Black Limited Edition Ligne 2 Lighter.
I have attached an image of it to this message, and the following link is to our YouTube video of the lighter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiPsUhcncw

I would really appreciate any of your opinions.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Lighters Direct

[attachment=0]pheonixBpop.jpg[/attachment]

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

pheonixbpop.jpg

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 11:56

Hi Jimmy,

first of all, welcome in club and thank you a lot about your statement:

Zitat
I promise, I did not join this forum to spam everyone with advertisements

I really appreciate it!
If you looked a little bit around the forum you've perhaps noticed that the people here speak mostly about old petrol lighter instead of new gas one. We're a small community who share our passion in collecting this type of lighters with less interest on new lighters.

Anyhow, if you want to her my opinion around your particular Dupont from a design perspective is following:

I believe that it's really a well designed customs of a standard Dupont. When I started to look at the video the great lady got my full attention and less the lighter
Good the she disappeared after few moment
In my opinion this is more a wonderful modern object for a display than a lighter for daily use. I cannot imagine to put it in my pocket. I suppose that my wife will kill me because the pocket will get a hole in a very short time. Ok for people who can afford such lighters is not a problem to change often pants

Joke apart: I find it a very well designed lighter for a very particular target group which I believe that is not part of this forum.

Thanks
Andrea

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 12:08

Hi Jimmy.

Welcome to our small community and thank you for your introduction.

Please don’t understand me wrong and trust me that I absolutely don’t want to bash you, but it’s hard for me to believe that you’re not on a mission and your one and only motivation is to make a survey concerning a design. You’ve written that you don’t want to spam advertisements but (from my personal point of view) it’s principally the only thing you’ve done…

I’m aware that my following words are not the answer you’ve asked for but I have to mention that Dupont lighters in general are not very interesting for me; and I think for the most members of this forum Dupont lighters are not interesting too because most of us are collecting all kinds of old petrol lighters.

Concerning the design of your lighter…
Well, without a doubt, it’s a nice design and a very good craftsmanship.
But, there is nothing new in my eyes. We all know such designs.
I’ve seen hundreds of lighters which were styled quite comparable to the lighter you’ve shown us.
It needs just a look at Zippo lighters which were styled in Japan or some special edited issues from the Zippo headquarter in the US to see such designs.

As far as my personal preferences are concerned I can say that I absolutely don’t like pocket lighters with 3D figurines on top or around the case and if I ever have to buy one - without having a look at a financial budget - my choice would be for sure a (Japanese) Zippo lighter for approx 250-350 and not a Dupont for 16500 bucks.

Close to the end I hope that you don’t feel offended by my words and I also hope that you don’t have feelings about that you might not be welcome in our community.

Best regards to NY
Hesse

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 15:36

Hello Jimmy,

The Dupont mechanism is a well designed gas burner. As far as utility is concerned, it is a very dependable lighter. With that being said, the pure ornamentation of the case does not excite nor inspire me. It would be a nice display piece but impractical as a daily carry lighter. Just my thoughts. Good luck with your sales campaign.

Friendly,
Scott

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 16:45

Hallo Jimmy,

willkommen bei den Sammlern alter Benzinfeuerzeuge!

Andrea, Hesse und Scott haben ja schon ihre Meinung zum „Phoenix Black“ geäußert, ich kann mich nur anschließen.
Mir sagt die einfache Mechanik der alten Stücke weit mehr zu, als diese (zugegeben nicht leistbaren) aufgepeppten Luxusfeuerzeuge.

In diesem Sinne,

Gruß Franz

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 16:52
Joe

Hi Jimmy

Thanks for her image and offer.
To whom it likes OK, but there I remain rather with my phoenix, because this still functions after seventy years.

Good luck, Joe

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

phonix003.jpg

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.12.2013 18:02

Hello Jimmy,

I'm not averse gas lighters and Dupont really makes beautiful lighters. I like the lighters with any built off things even not really.
In addition, according to me is the quality of growing more than bad. It looks to me like a Made in China product, and does not fit the classic design of Dupont.
The version of the red stones also looks very simple and cheap out - my mother has collected good jewelry, so I know what is good and what is bad.
I've looked at the video exactly and unfortunately can only stay in my opinion - it looks cheap!
The lighter really cost that much?

Best regards

Wilhelm

Antworten

Beitrag melden
31.12.2013 19:12

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?